I was pleasantly surprised to find more than 500 views for my last post, thanks to Kimbra’s Facebook page. Thank you! You basically made up for my entire blog’s traffic within a single day! It inspired me a little to get back on the blogging bandwagon, so here’s today’s Meatless Monday post.
I’m a huge fan of frittata because they’re just so easy to make. It’s basically an excuse to throw left overs in the fridge and turn it into a meal. With this recipe I was looking for something small enough to pack for a hike, but still be quite filling.
Ingredients (makes 12 mini frittatas)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup pure cream or lite
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 potato peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 onion
- handful of parsley
- half a leek
- handful of pitted olives
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tbs of olive oil or butter
- Heat oven to 150 degree
- Fry onion, garlic and potato until brown in the oil, add leek
- In a jug mix cream, cheese and eggs, mix in the parsley, salt and pepper, then throw in the fried mixture
- Grease a tray of muffins with butter
- Pour mixture into tray
- Adjust oven heat to 110 degrees celcius. Place tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.