Sydney’s Food Blogger Christmas Picnic

Sydney Food Blogger's Picnic

I somehow managed to earn the right to be a food blogger for some reason. How else, did I manage to score an invitation to Sydney’s biggest food blogger event last Sunday? Organised by the lovely Helen and Suze, it was the biggest gathering of foodies I have ever encountered. The group met in Hyde Park and as I scanned the park, all I had to do was keep my eye open for a mountain of food and 50+ cameras.

Sydney Food Blogger's Picnic

Or in this case, plenty of cameras being pointed to the mountain of food…

Sydney Food Blogger's Picnic

It was quite amazing to be surrounded by so many foodies and although I don’t know the majority of those present, the conversation came easily. Towards the end of the afternoon, we each selected a present from the mound of Kris Kringle gifts, with one particular gift being coveted more than normal. I managed to take a quick snap before it was claimed by another hand. All in all, a fun afternoon and thanks for organising such a great event ladies!

Sydney Food Blogger's Picnic

Advertisements

Tags: , ,

Categories: Food, Sydney

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

12 Comments on “Sydney’s Food Blogger Christmas Picnic”

1. December 14, 2009 at 11:25 pm #

Whether you think of yourself as a food blogger or not, it was still nice to meet you yesterday =)

• December 15, 2009 at 6:24 am #

Likewise 🙂 I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on your blog.

2. December 15, 2009 at 12:09 am #

love the perspective shots you took. i arrived too late to try that champagne jelly by Billy and the pork :-(. they looked so good. i thought i had that food face for sure but alas no luck. looking forward to reading more of your blogs 🙂

• December 15, 2009 at 6:33 am #

I was watching the pork being consumed by a hungry horde armed with plastic forks, unfortunately it all ended very quickly…

3. December 15, 2009 at 12:10 am #

I don’t think anyone that had turned up on the day had seen as many bloggers or cameras in one place.

It looks like you had fun, despite your reservations about being a food blogger 🙂

• December 15, 2009 at 6:34 am #

Hyde Park will never be the same 🙂

4. December 15, 2009 at 12:46 am #

I sensed a shift in your posts to food, or maybe it’s just wishful thinking! Glad you enjoyed the afternoon – the amount of food was crazy!

• December 15, 2009 at 6:36 am #

Thanks again for organising it Helen. Maybe I am in denial, but it’s strange to accidentally turn into a food blogger!

5. December 15, 2009 at 1:31 am #

Yasinta, you can’t deny it. You are one of us now! haha! and your foodblog is snowing in hot summer Australia! ? 😛

• December 15, 2009 at 6:39 am #

Isn’t it awesome? I love this silly snow app! Realising denial is futile when I am always talking about food…

6. December 16, 2009 at 12:40 pm #

ooh i love your ground shots! and man there was just so much food! great to meet ya dude!

• December 16, 2009 at 12:51 pm #