Back to crafting

Frock Camisole

I have been a little slack when it comes to posting about my knitting project. A few are on the go, most undergoing some kind of frogging so I ended up having less to show than the beginning! I did managed to finish this Frock Camisole last winter, but with it being winter there was very little motivation to wear it out. It was actually a very quick knit, took me about 6 weeks done very very slowly, but I am quite happy with the overall result. The Rowan RYC Silk Cotton I used was a little stiffer than expected, it did give the garment a more structured feel, but I am hoping it will be softer after a few washes.

On other news, my little zine Craft and Pointy was reviewed by the craft cartel’s podcast. Rather thrilled and feeling a little guilty for not pushing it as hard as I should. There are copies on sale at etsy, but I haven’t pushed it that hard as I need to print a new batch as my original run was only meant for TINA last year. I am working on issue 3 now, hopefully it will be ready for the MCA zine fair on the 25th of May. Send me an email if you are interested in contributing/ would like a copy / yell at me for making only an issue each year.

Advertisements

Tags: , ,

Categories: knitting

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

6 Comments on “Back to crafting”

1. April 21, 2009 at 7:03 am #

ooh let us know when issue 3 comes out and I’ll help hype it for ya!

xox

2. April 22, 2009 at 12:59 am #

Thanks Rayna, that’s one more motivation to finish it on schedule :).

3. April 22, 2009 at 11:41 am #

That’s so gorgeous. You should wear it! Maybe on top of something else, seeing as it’s getting colder.

Looking forward to the next issue of S+P. I was even thinking (inspired by you) of making a one-off baking related one.

4. April 23, 2009 at 3:42 am #

Y – That’s fantastic, if you get it done by May I can help you sell it 🙂

5. May 1, 2009 at 4:55 pm #

We’re missing your stitching back in London. Knit a few rows for us on your new projects
    x

• May 5, 2009 at 5:28 am #

That’s an absolute given Laura 🙂 Hope to see you all in the summer very very soon.