Rocky Road cupcakes

Rocky Road cupcake
Originally uploaded by mirvettium

Latest photoshoot after another haphazard collaboration with Restaurant Girl where she made gorgeous looking food, styles it and exits the kitchen while I took some shots.

Despite it being relatively unplanned, I ended up taking a lot more time thinking about lighting.

I had my flash reflected to a styrofoam square to the right of the cupcakes to get rid of the shadow cast behind the frame. The entire shoot utilised natural light as the main source of ambient light and I’m quite happy with the slightly Vogue esque look about it.

One thing I would have changed was to shoot this on a longer exposure to see whether it would make a difference.

On a completely different tangent, isn’t Tweezer Times the coolest thing ever? I bumped into it while looking for something else, in short it’s a magazine for Food stylists with plenty of handy hints such as how to make good looking fake ice, styling bacon and other fun articles.

Curve adjustment 2

day0082.jpg day0083.jpg

Advertisements

Tags: ,

Categories: Uncategorized

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

6 Comments on “Rocky Road cupcakes”

1. March 11, 2008 at 11:19 am #

Oh so delicious :D~ The natural light works so well!

And wow, her blog is awesome! I’ve created to keep up with it.

• March 12, 2008 at 1:37 am #

Thanks for setting it up as well! It’ll tickle her pink that someone sets up a feed for it πŸ™‚

2. March 14, 2008 at 8:55 pm #

hey, these photos of food are great. your lighting and setup certainly worked wonders. πŸ™‚

• March 24, 2008 at 1:21 pm #

Thank you, I’m starting to be very critical of them once the 2 day window have passed though!

3. March 19, 2008 at 4:18 am #

Those photos are lovely πŸ™‚

• March 24, 2008 at 1:22 pm #

Thank you mr tang, can’t believe you’re in Singapore!